What is Goniotrans?
Simple tool to reference angles
digital angle conveyor
GonioTrans is a useful, free and yet simple tool based on a virtual angle conveyor to annotate the angular position of the ocular structures based on a picture of the eye. After capturing a picture of the eye, it is copied and stored in the program, that overlays a pattern that simulates an angle conveyor with two overlaying hemi-meridians with marks from 0° to 180°, using steps of 5° or 10°.
The appropriate meridians for incisions, the marks for toric lens, etc. can be determined precisely thanks to referrers like nevus or iris crypts, aqueous veins, etc. In the same way this allows to check the lens position and stability, incisional axes, etc.
It's very easy to use, it runs on Microsoft Windows PC, iOS and Android Devices.
How it works?
Goniotrans is a powerfull tool
but very simple to use
You only need a digital eye image. Drag & drop this image to the Goniotrans desktop and a layer with a circular pattern that simulates an angle conveyor overlays this image.
- Microsoft Windows (from Windows 2000 SP4)
- A picture of the eye, in digital format, taken with a split lamp, camera or any other method.
- iPad / iPhone / iPod. iOS 5
- A picture of the eye, in digital format, taken with a split lamp, device camera or any other method.
- Phone / Tablet. Requires Android 4.4 and up.
- picture of the eye, in digital format, taken with a split lamp, device camera or any other method.
INSTALLATION (PC Version)
Once the program has been downloaded, place the executable file in any folder (for example, on the Windows desktop) and run it. Installation is not required.